Instructor Internship Program
Winter Skills Instructor Internship Program
November 1st, 2020 - May 21st, 2021
The Winter Skills Instructor Internship Program is designed for someone looking to have a fun, team-based experience during their first ski season in Banff National Park, Canada.
Highlights of this program include CSIA/CASI Level 1 & 2 certifications, group expeditions and other certifications related Avalanche Rescue, Wilderness Advanced First Aid and guiding leadership.
Students are also able to put their training to use while working as paid interns at ski schools in Banff throughout the winter season.
Timberline Academy is locally owned and operated so our students can expect a positive, team-based atmosphere with a high level of on the ground support from the ownership team. We make the extra effort to engage our students in the community through weekly group activities, like hockey, family dinners and by participating in local volunteering initiatives.
* International Students enrolled in this program are eligible for a Student Work Visa. This visa allows you to fulfill your paid work component of the program while also being eligible to work an additional 20 hours a week off-campus. No Working Holiday Visa required.
*Employment in conditional upon CSIA/CASI Level 1 training attendance and successful Level 1 Exam.
**The first month of accommodation is included. Students pay a subsidized rent on a month-by-month basis. This allows students the flexibility to stay in our accommodation throughout the summer. Banff has a 0% vacancy rate year-round making it extremely difficult to secure summer housing.
***A season’s ski pass to your home resort is included. An upgrade to include all three resorts can be made for a deeply discounted rate.
All of our students live in fully furnished apartments in the town of Banff. It is important to us that all of our students are able to cook and live independent, healthy lifestyles. No hostels, no hotels.
- Contact the admissions team to setup a 30-45 minute video call interview to go over the details of the program, answer any questions and make sure it is a good fit.
- There is a $500CAD deposit payable to secure spot in program.
- International students must submit proof of Study Permit by August 1st, 2020.
- Must have graduated high school or equivalent by November 1st, 2020
- Must be able to write and speak in English.
- Minimum 20 days of ski or snowboard experience
- At Timberline we are proud of the quality of our programming that comes with small groups. We accept 32 students into the Winter Skills Instructor Internship Program every year.
Price: $12,950CAD + 5%GST
Registrations for the 2020/2021 season are open!